Prepares, records and submits warranty claims to the factory and/or distributor and reconciles them accordingly.
- Processes warranty claims on a timely basis for each franchise or distributor.
- Processes all warranty paperwork to ensure proper documentation.
- Verifies criteria required by factory or distributor.
- Reconciles all warranty receivables with payments through the appropriate accounting schedule.
- Posts credits on computer.
- Resubmits all rejected claims promptly or receives authorization to write them off.
- Follows up on payment of outstanding claims.
- Tracks warranty parts by tagging with the repair order number, date of replacement and date on which part may be disposed of.
- Arranges for parts to be shipped to the factory or distributor or to be scrapped.
- Files and maintains all service records as required by the warrantor.
- Keeps informed of all factory recalls and bulletins.
- Assists with body shop warranty claims as needed.
- Assists with the cashier and telephone duties as needed.
- Assists with any clerical needs as directed by the fixed operations manager or the controller.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a neat work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- No prior experience or training.