Sells parts to all customers, over the counter, through the shop, online, or on the phone.
As part of our team, you’ll find yourself surrounded by motivated individuals who share a common goal of delivering exceptional automotive service. Together, we strive for excellence, embracing challenges as opportunities for growth. In this stimulating and team-oriented environment, you’ll develop lasting professional relationships, expand your skill set, and embark on a fulfilling career in the automotive industry.
- Assists all customers (retail and shop) in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional and efficient manner.
- Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other information.
- Reviews body shop estimates to be sure the parts that are ordered are correct and all pricing is in line with the estimate.
- Provides a high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Pulls and fills orders from stock.
- Notifies parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Locates out-of-stock parts from an outside source and submits an emergency order, if necessary.
- Notifies the service advisor and the customer when special ordered parts have been received.
- Notifies the body shop when all parts have arrived and when they will be delivered.
- Follows up on back-ordered parts.
- Verifies will-call and back-order files weekly and returns to vendors, or stocks those items not picked up or required.
- Replenishes assigned inventory daily.
- Assists outside sales representatives with their orders.
- Makes sure all internal requests for parts are billed on the service repair order.
- Receives payment from retail customers or obtains credit authorization.
- Ensures that all charge sales are signed by the customer.
- Ensures that all customers receive their copy of the invoice.
- Issues credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified.
- Issues and tracks requested shop tools to technicians.
- Keeps orderly records of all repair orders, invoices, insurance estimates, and special-order parts.
- Sets up orders for daily shipment, delivery or pick-up.
- Solicits assigned accounts by phone.
- Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Cleans computer terminals and printers daily.
- Participates in all training programs that are made available.
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Participates with the parts manager in maintaining a lost sales tracking program.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Customer Relations Skills
- Ability to understand another person’s emotions and understand their point of view.
- Ability to speak confidently, stay positive, and offer the kind of compelling arguments that lead to conversations.
- Ability to respond to a variety of situations in whichever way your customers prefer at the moment.
- Ability to efficiently answer questions and communicate in a clear and concise way.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and be positive and professional with all customers.
- Ability to take responsibility for the customer’s care.
- Ability to learn company policies, product specs, and answer customer questions effectively; and ability to admit when you don’t know something and find the answer for the customer.