Compiles and maintains verified accounts payable records. Reconciles statements and issues payment to vendors.
Office Administration Duties
- Greets and assists visitors.
- Provides information to customers, claimants, employees and sales personnel.
- Prepares, issues and sends out receipts, bills, policies, invoices, statements and checks.
- Provides assistance to the Dealer Principal as needed
Accounts Payable Duties
- Checks all vouchers and obtains appropriate payment approval.
- Prepares accounts payable checks.
- Posts all open items in accounts payable on a daily basis.
- Prints all accounts payable reports and maintains all accounts payable files.
- Reconciles statement and the ledger making sure that payments are consistent with dealership schedules.
- Reconciles cash schedule.
- Maintains petty cash system.
- Communicates cash requirements for payable dates to the office manager.
- Audits freight bills against freight inquiries.
- Analyzes vendor accounts.
- Provides title clerk with information on all purchased vehicles for title list.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Reconciles bank balances on a daily basis.
- Reconciles time cards, prepares work sheets for the office manager, and posts payroll on a weekly basis.
- Posts flat rate flag sheets on a weekly basis.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Assists with accounts receivable and special projects, as necessary.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a neat work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Two years minimum related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service by having a positive attitude, engaging customers in a friendly and positive way, getting along with coworkers and taking on challenges other might avoid.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where your judgement will be called upon. Ability to take instruction, coaching and assistance and give the same.