This position plays a pivotal role in customer satisfaction and maintaining efficient dealership operations. The ability to handle various responsibilities, including accounts payable tasks, contributes to the smooth functioning of the dealership and ensures positive interactions with customers and vendors.
Office Administration Duties
- Greets and assists visitors.
- Provides information to customers, claimants, employees and sales personnel.
- Prepares, issues and sends out receipts, bills, policies, invoices, statements and checks.
- Provides assistance to the Controller and Dealer Principal as needed
Accounts Payable Duties
- Checks all vouchers and obtains appropriate payment approval.
- Prepares accounts payable checks.
- Posts all open items in accounts payable on a daily basis.
- Prints all accounts payable reports and maintains all accounts payable files.
- Reconciles statement and the ledger making sure that payments are consistent with dealership schedules.
- Reconciles cash schedule.
- Maintains petty cash system.
- Communicates cash requirements for payable dates to the office manager.
- Audits freight bills against freight inquiries.
- Analyzes vendor accounts.
- Provides title clerk with information on all purchased vehicles for title list.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Reconciles bank balances on a daily basis.
- Reconciles time cards, prepares work sheets for the office manager, and posts payroll on a weekly basis.
- Posts flat rate flag sheets on a weekly basis.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Assists with accounts receivable and special projects, as necessary.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a neat work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential for effectively interacting with customers, colleagues, and vendors.
- Car dealerships can be fast-paced and busy environments. Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask are invaluable. Managing multiple priorities, scheduling appointments, handling phone calls and emails, and processing paperwork require effective time management and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using computer systems, including ability to learn dealership management software and accounting software, is essential.
- Accuracy is crucial, particularly when processing payments, invoices, and maintaining records.
- This position often handles sensitive customer information and financial transactions. Demonstrating discretion, maintaining confidentiality, and respecting customer privacy are vital.
- A positive attitude is crucial. Remaining optimistic, even during challenging situations, helps create a pleasant experience for customers and colleagues alike.